The Light values the privacy of our customers, so we have taken measures to ensures we are adhering to current GDPR and Data Protection guidelines. We would only ever collect your information for the following reasons in accordance with legislation:
- Contractual obligations: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
- Legal compliance: If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the Partnership to law enforcement .
- Optional Legitimate interest: In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers. We also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products/services.
How we collect personal data
- When you visit our website, and use your account to buy products and services.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you create an account with us.
- When you shop online, we capture information through cookies and similar technologies, you can manage these when you visit our site.
- When you purchase a product or service in store or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- Customer settings
- Customers should set their web browsers according to their own privacy preferences, as Shopify platforms utilises Google, etc. to perform necessary functions.